CV- William “Bill” Shaw
March 2013-present Director, Leadership Development, DR Congo
- Director of development of fifteen leadership training platforms throughout the DR Congo; staff training, curriculum development, infrastructure expansion.
- Pastor, English congregation of La Parole Eternelle church.
June 1995 – April 2010 Lead senior missionary, Chad, Central Africa
Pioneering the Assemblies of God, USA contribution to the work in Chad
- Completed French language studies in Albertville, France. (one year)
- Opened the first congregation in the capital city of N’Djamena.
- Organized the opening of the first Christian FM radio station in N’Djamena.
- Organized a two-year intensive pastoral in-service training program with forty pastors being retrained in those two years.
- Arbitrated church leadership rift at a national level over a four-year period.
- Administrated the general operation of the Chad mission field.
- Interfaced with five other missions working with the existing AoG work in Chad.
- Developed a training institute campus for local pastors- construction of campus buildings and infrastructure, creation of curriculum, organizational policies, and training of future teaching staff.
- Over nine years of actual on-site experience.
May 1978 - Dec 1984 Youth Pastor/General Associate,
Hillcrest Assembly, Bremerton, WA
- Led all facets of the youth ministry in the church, including summer camps, social events, and character development programs. The peak attendance of our youth program was over 65 junior and senior high students.
- Worked as a member of a ministry team, learning to develop the church’s overall ministry. The church expanded from around 100 to nearly 400 in the six and a half years we were there.
- Served the community as police chaplain.
- Assisted in organizing the educational training programs.
AA, Fullerton College, Fullerton, CA 1975
BA, Religion and Philosophy; Northwest College, Kirkland, WA 1979
MAML Northwest University, Kirkland, WA 2021
Languages spoken: English, French
INTERESTS: Bicycling, reading, music, travel, all types of mechanical and construction/maintenance work, life-long learning.