This is our vision for both our immediate and long-term contribution to the forward progress of the church in the DR Congo. The historical instability of the DR Congo requires that a high level of flexibility be a crowning attribute of whatever we do here.
Each year we prepare an Individual Strategic Plan, or ISP, that outlines what we want to accomplish. If you want to see a copy, email us by clicking HERE.
Our immediate goals that direct our efforts in the foreseeable future in the DR Congo are the following:
1. Complete the first phase of the campus infrastructure, with purchase of more property, the local church and campus chapel, and improvements in the water and electrical system.
2. Create an administrative team to maintain the two training centers, IBTAD (diploma level) and FATAD (BA level). We need at least 5 professors trained at a BA level and 3 at the MA level to achieve critical mass and assure the future of the training program.
3. Continue to develop an active connection with US donor churches and individuals through our website and mass emails. Recruit additional donors to secure funding for specific projects.
Our long-term goals (which will begin in our next four-year term and continue to develop) are as follows:
1. Establish an expanding and developing training program at the college level that provides the teaching staffs for the eight provincial Bible school ministries.
2. Dialogue with the Congo AG church leadership and determine the level of their own vision vis-a-vis their Congolese missionary mandate. Establish markers with them to help indicate progress in the development of an indigenous missionary program. Commission and send out Congolese missionaries.
3. Contribute to the continued development of the other Bible institute campuses in the provinces.